Below is a list of some of the national resources, websites and hotlines…
National Programs & Resources
Drug Tests now available at a reduced rate
- nami.org – National Alliance on Mental Illness
- whitehousedrugpolicy.gov – White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- nationalyouth.com – National Youth Network
- focusas.com – Focus Adolescent Services
- www.natsap.org – national assoc of therapeutic schools & programs
- The Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Industry Council
- BILY.org – Because I Love You
- dbsalliance.org – Balanced Mind Parent Network
- Talking Heart to Heart – provides support to adoptive parents
- PURE – parents universal resource experts
- international bipolar foundation
- National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder
HealthCare Assistance with Member Support provides Services to individuals with substance abuse and other behavioral health problems.
- coda.org – Co-Dependents Anonymous
- Al-Anon Family Groups – for friends and family of problem drinkers
COUNSELING & COACHING
- Neurodiversity Counseling
SUBSTANCE USE & ADDICTION
- AA & Narcotics Anonymous
- National Eating Disorder Association
- Not Even Once
- nida.nih.gov – National Institute of Drug Abuse
- The Partnership at Drugfree.org
Comprehensive information on alcohol and drug abuse (including prescription drugs) as well as up-to-date reviews of the top addiction treatment centers.
Education and information about the dangers of drug and alcohol addiction
Provides information regarding the strong relationship between substance abuse, addiction and mental health disorders (co-occuring disorders).
A Heroin Awareness Campaign targeting heroin education for parents and teens, specifically curiosity + heroin = not even once.
- RecoveryConnection.org: Talking to Your Child About Drugs
Recovery Connection, a Drug and Alcohol Rehab Helpline, posted the article “Talking to Your Child About Drugs”
- Saving Lives Drug and Alcohol Coalition
Saving Lives Coalition’s goal is to bring about community awareness to reduce drug and alcohol use among the youth through education, media advocacy, increased enforcement and changes in policies.
- EVOLVE Treatment Center
AT RISK YOUTH
- National Runaway Switchboard
- National Runaway Switchboard (800) 621-4000
- AT-RISK at-risk.org
Helping children who have lost a parent, loved one, or the support of a person that played an important role in the family.
Tobinworld – Special Education Services for Autistic and E.M. Children and Young Adults
Your Teen, a magazine for parents raising teens that includes a wide range of articles from parent and teen relationships to discipline and teen health.